Monday, August 29, 2011

Ringer!

You never find trouble when you are looking. But the moment you stop looking and go about your business, it finds you.

It was one tall extra spicy ceasear and a catch up session with Candace, nothing more, nothing less. It wasn't supposed to have any lasting effects on my life.

But...it most certainly did.

My life, overnight, has gone from a nice, normal pace, back and forth between work and home. I had time for squash games, grocery shopping and bbq's. But now. Now I don't even have time to write this.

I'm in training.

I wake up and I visualize the perfect toss. All day I hear the Swoosh as the oddly-shaped piece of metal tears through the air; see the 'tink' as it hits the stick; feel the rush of a ringer!

Yes my friend - I have signed up for a high-stakes horseshoe tournament!

Brunch included.

My life now consists of watching u-tube videos on the how-to's of horseshoes. I eat, I breath, I sleep horseshoes.

Problem is, I don't have any horseshoes. If you do and you'd like to lend them to a friend in need - I'm in need. Heavy. I have only 13 days to the big game. I'm half ready - I've got the trash talking part nailed, but I need to at least hold a real horseshoe in advance - my entire reputation hangs on this...I can't go home without that trophy!

Please help! If you or anyone you know has a horse that wouldn't mind lending me his shoe for a day or two, call me right away!

I'll remember you with much gratitude in my 1st prize acceptance speech...and my future Nike sponsorship deals...

No comments:

Post a Comment