Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Motherly Advice

If one said I was somewhat of a social creature, that one would be correct. But it’s not my fault! If God wouldn’t have put so damn many people on earth, I’d have some free time….

I think my firefighting friend is perturbed that in two weeks, all I could offer was a lunch. Perturbed. Ha! I’m not sure if we are even friends anymore, which I’m not to broken up about I guess. But watch today be the day my apartment starts on fire!

Oh well. I guess if it went up in flames it would be fine cause I really just go there to sleep and it seems I haven’t done that in awhile.

Lately sleep hasn’t really found a spot between work and class and sports and friends and beer clubs and camera club and I’m tired!

First I thought, “I need a wife.”

Cause if I had a wife the cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and cooking would at least be done.

But when I said that on the weekend, my brother’s wife said, “Your brother has a wife and it hasn’t helped him any.”

Huh. Excellent point.


So I asked my mother what I should do. Mom’s are supposed to know EVERYTHING after all.

Mom said, “You need to schedule some time by yourself. Tell everyone you are busy, go home after work, read a book, drink some wine, have a bubble bath. “



Yes, yes people. My mother told me that to improve the quality of my life, I should sit at home, alone, and drink.







.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, Motherly advise changes through the years. But the one thing that we have learned from all our mistakes is that Mom was usually right. So, maybe it's time to start drinking at home alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom's have lots of experience with that kind of thing. If she recommends it, it must be a good plan.

    ReplyDelete