Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Would you like egg with that?

Subway has introduced a new egg salad sandwich - that's awesome!
They are also trying to conserve their green pepper supply - not awesome.


So I order, "egg salad, brown, not toasted, lettuce, green peppers, red onion....uh..."

The lady put two green pepper slices on my sandwich.

I look at it. I look at her.

'Could I get a few more green peppers?" I ask pleasantly.

She doesn't take her eyes off me except for a split second - just long enough to roll them.
Sighs loudly.
Reaches back to the green pepper bin, picks up - and I'm not kidding - an entire green pepper and plops it in one lump on one end of the sandwich.
She stares me down.
"A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G--E-L-S-E?"



I wanted to say, "How bout a smile?!" and flash her one of my own.

But afraid of getting knocked in the head with a bottle of secret-subway-sauce, I went with the more acceptable, "No thank you," then went home and enjoyed my green pepper sandwich.



I'm guessing it was neither milk nor green peppers in her cornflakes that morning...



.

No comments:

Post a Comment