Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thank you IOS6


People tease me –
“Tanya, can I book you for coffee in 2014?”
“Are you free for lunch in November?”
“When an hour for a pint opens up in your calendar, let me know.”
"I had to book this five weeks in advance..."

Hahaha.  Ha.  Ha.

Ok, maybe there is some truth to it.  My calendar is full of dots.  My life is dictated by 15 minute reminders.  I have to actually schedule laundry-time or no one ever stays home long enough to do it.  Waiting for the maid is useless, trust me…I’ve had to buy new underwear waiting for the maid...

A couple days ago I plugged my iphone into my mac and said Yes to the IOS6 update.  Beautiful!  

Except it erased my entire calendar.

My first reaction was: Upset. 

“Oh my gosh,” I thought, “where am I supposed to be tomorrow?  Hell, where am I supposed to be NOW?”

Then I looked at my calendar and saw that I was supposed to be nowhere, doing nothing. 

So I relaxed and that’s what I did.  And by the looks of it - that's my October!



Who says man is smarter than machine – IOS6 was the best thing that ever happened to me…I'm telling you it is a fantastic feeling to have nothing to do and all the time in the world to do it!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment